Slow-Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
One 14-ounce can black beans, drained
One 14-ounce can corn, drained
Once 4-ounce can green chiles
One 28-ounce can enchilad sauce
3 cups shredded jack cheese
1 red onion, chopped
3 tablespoon taco seasoning
Fresh, chopped cilantro, to taste
Sliced scallions, to taste
Sour cream, to taste
1. In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the black beans, corn, green chiles, red onion and taco seasoning.
2. Pour a quarter of the enchilada sauce into the base of the slow cooker. Arrange 5 tortillas over the sauce and then top with a third of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat this layering pattern two more times.
3. Top the third layer with the remaining tortillas, enchilada sauce and cheese.
4. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
5. Serve portions garnished with sour cream, thinly sliced scallions and chopped fresh cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.