Slow-Cooker Salted-Caramel Rice Pudding
3/4 cup long-grain white rice
1 cup prepared caramel sauce, plus more for serving (store-bought is fine)
3 cups whole milk
3 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
Flaky sea salt, as needed for finishing
1. Grease the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pour the rice into the base of the slow cooker. Add the caramel sauce and milk, and stir to combine.
3. Turn the slow cooker on low and cook until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is creamy and tender, about 4 hours.
4. Stir in the butter, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well to combine.
5. The rice pudding can be served now, warm, or chilled and served cold. Serve garnished with chopped pecans, a drizzle of caramel sauce and a pinch of flaky sea salt. The leftover rice pudding will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container, for up to five days.
Makes 8 servings.